Our HR Mission Statement
We are a community of caregivers, united by a passion for making a difference and a shared drive for excellence. We believe that every human being deserves to live a life with purpose, belonging and a sense of mastery. To pursue that goal, we embrace the most current science, practice evidence-based methods, and partner with leading research institutions. We also believe that we can only give our best to our patients when we embody and elevate the best in one another.
Great things happen when people feel confident in themselves, comfortable in their surroundings and supported by their peers. That’s why our culture is anything but clinical. We believe walking through the doors of Compass should feel like a warm embrace. Casual attire is encouraged. Fun is invited. You’re likely to find us sharing a joke or a meal, celebrating a new baby or new milestone, joining the kids in a game of basketball, or planning the next happy hour. More than just coworkers, we are a “deeply connected team, doing life together.” It’s our hope that you’ll find a place to succeed professionally and thrive holistically.
Like the symbolic compass that is our namesake, our values are our guide and our true north. In our words as well as our actions, we:
- Strive for EXCELLENCE, balanced by intellectual HUMILITY
- Live in COMMUNITY, supported through social and economic EQUALITY
- Exhibit PLAYFULNESS and joy in our daily interactions
- Assume a stance of COMPASSION and GRATITUDE for each other’s contributions
“Working at Compass has significantly increased my quality of life as I’ve been able to engage in value-based action. A core value of mine since my intensive training in 2014 was to one day be a LBC-DBT Certified Clinician and as promised, I was able to be certified in 12 months. I have never worked for an employer that cares so much about my values, quality of life, and who has invested in me as a Clinician and in my future (i.e. working with students, being able to train the community in providing DBT, providing accessible and affordable adherent DBT to the community). My strengths are valued and appreciated and I’ve never once questioned that.”
–MARISSA COLANGELO, LCSW DBT-LINEHAN BOARD OF CERTIFICATION, CERTIFIED CLINICIAN™
We currently have the following openings. Please click below for a full description of the role.
1. Compass Program Administrative Assistant
- Prior front desk experience, managing new patient inquiries preferred
- Prior experience obtaining Verification of Insurance Benefits Information and obtaining initial treatment authorizations preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Sharepoint preferred
2. Compass Guide
(Program staff for our teen DBT residential treatment program, The Farmhouse)
- Prior experience as program staff at a teen residential treatment program and/or as an ABA therapist
- Bachelor’s in psychology or related field preferred
Compass Behavioral Health, California
- California’s First DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Certified Program™
- Duke University Research Performance Site
- Columbia School of Social Work: Selected Practicum Training Site
- UCI School of Medicine Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship: Required Didactic Rotation in DBT
Imagine starting your days with a sense of purpose and the knowledge that you can forever change the direction of a young person’s life. Now imagine being empowered to do this important work at a premier training site thriving at the intersection of leading-edge research. Imagine being supported by a tight-knit team working to deliver the gold standard in treatment for teen depression and anxiety.
We are Compass Behavioral Health; we do one thing and we do it with excellence. We treat depression and anxiety in teens. Guided by science. Driven by heart. And born of a simple belief: Every human being deserves to live a life with purpose, belonging and a sense of mastery. Like the symbolic compass that is our namesake, we exist to help you “Find Your Why. Find Your How. Find Your Way.” As one of our Program Guides, you’ll play an integral part in that mission.
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Employer Sponsored 401K matching
- Gym Reimbursement
- Paid Annual Mindfulness Retreat
- Our team highly values playfulness, cohesiveness, and life balance!
What Makes a Good Compass Culture Fit?
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Compassionate and validating stance towards team members and clients
- Humility and the ability to both give and receive difficult feedback in a compassionate framework
- High degree of self-awareness, the ability to self-reflect, with a strong growth mindset
- Strong emotion regulation skills, with the ability to practice equanimity
- The ability to practice mindful self-compassion when encountering mistakes or distressing emotions
- The willingness and follow-through to practice all emotion regulation skills you teach in your own life
- Compass Behavioral Health is in Tustin, California, in the beautiful heart of Orange County.
- The Farmhouse, our new residential treatment facility, is a serene and therapeutic backdrop for teaching and practicing culinary mastery.
- Amenities in our half-acre compound include a chef’s kitchen, full outdoor kitchen with wood-burning pizza oven, outdoor living areas, organic garden, greenhouse, and is home to over 30 fruit trees throughout the grounds. The half-acre compound consists of 3 buildings including a full fitness gym with state-of-the-art equipment, infrared sauna, bocci ball court, and sport court, swimming pool and jacuzzi.
Why You’ll Never Want to Leave
As a Compass Guide, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact in countless lives by teaching teens how to find their why, find their how, and find their way.
And you’ll do it all among a supportive family of Compass colleagues who elevate one another, celebrate one another, and are even known to kick back together with some fun and games after work.
Compass is an employee-owned company. Annual end of the year profits gets distributed back into livable wages, responsible benefits, and profit-sharing.
What Your Future Teammates Are Saying<
Real Quotes from real members of the Compass family. For more, please explore our company reviews:
“A Place to grow your talents”
“My dream job”
“A Unicorn of an Employer”
“I feel like I have a family and a sense of purpose”
“Compass, a loving place.”
“A tight-knit family committed to doing life together”
At Compass Behavioral Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Compass Behavioral Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.